She has become such a help to me around the house! She loves to help unload the dishwasher, clean up (yes! clean up!!!!) and she has even taken a liking to helping Mommy fold laundry! She is an expert towel folder! When I throw a pile of clean laundry on the couch, she sifts through it to find the towels so she can fold them. I told her that the corners of the towel need to kiss when folding a towel. She is soooo cute! While she is folding them she makes a kiss sound as the corners come together. She makes me smile 100 million times a day!!! I just love her so much!!!
The most recent thing that she does that melts my heart.... when I stub my toe, or she accidentally whacks me in the face with something...she throws her arms around my neck and rubs my head while whispering "shhh, shhh." HEART MELTING!!!! She is just so sweet and tender. She is this way with her little sister too. I am just so happy that Ava is my eldest. I could not imagine a better mannered child to be my oldest. She never as much as raises her voice to her sister, when Reese is doing something unsafe (climbing) and I am not in the room I hear "Mommy!! Reese is doing something really dangerous and she might get hurt!"
Reese loves it when Ava holds her hand. Sometimes randomly, Reese will walk up to Ava and try to hold her hand. Ava always instantly stops what she is doing to hold her little sister's hand and take her for a walk through the house. It is so sweet!!!
She shows Reese how to play with certain toys, then hands Reese the mallet (or whatever it may be) and gives her a chance to try. Then she will take it back and say "No, you do it like this" and show her.
She shares.... a lot. At only age 4, she has a genuine concern for her sister's happiness which amazes me!! She is affectionate to Reese and has recently decided that Reese's slobbery kisses are not so bad after all. You can just wipe it off. They wrestle....and laugh. At the dinner table when Reese decides she is done and gets cranky because she wants to get down, Ava acts silly to distract her sister and make her laugh. There is absolutely nothing sweeter than the sound of both of your children laughing at each other. I wish I could bottle it as a drug for the way it makes me feel!


