Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pooping fiasco

Ava hadn't pooped for 8 days as of this morning!  We called the on call nurse for Ava's pediatrician. Apparantley it is normal for breastfed babies to go a week without pooping.  I guess they absorb most of the milk because it is full of nutrients.  She asked us a bunch of questions and wanted to know if Ava seemed like she was hurting.  Ava seemed fine and has been her smiley self.  The nurse suggested to give her some apple juice.  Apparently it's as good as prune juice for baby's.  About 10 minutes after drinking the juice she pooped!  We were so relieved!  (More relieved than Ava I think...)  How funny that it worked so fast!!  I'm sure she feels a lot better now....

Like all babies, Ava likes to put her fist in her mouth.  Today though she has been doing it a lot and can almost get her whole hand in her mouth! She is so cute!