Oh my poor Ava. She has been sick since Saturday. Daddy took her to the doctor on Saturday because her fever was pretty high. They found white cells in her urine and gave her antibiotics. The doc didn't know what was wrong, seeing the white cells maybe a UTI…. but her throat was sore and her tonsils were inflamed so maybe tonsillitis? He prescribed amoxicillan and said that would kill any of those things. Well…first dose, she threw it up, and it got worse from there. She couldn't keep anything down. Her fever hit 103 at one point. She wouldn't eat anything and ibuprofen and tylenol to bring her fever down seemed to just upset her tummy even more! This morning we took her to the ER. It is day 3 of NO food, vomiting and fever. She was so scared to take her antibiotics and every time we tried, she would throw up immediately! The prognosis was the stomach flu. This time they didn't find white cells in her urine. The ER doc was confused why they ever prescribed antibiotics, because that will just make her worse. He advised PRObiotics and prescribed some anti-nausea medication. The illness just needs to run it's course. Oh my poor baby! I hate this. This has got to be the hardest part of Motherhood! I hate to see her this way. I miss my Ava!!! She has asked for me to rock her to sleep a few times, and that has been heaven for me! I rarely get alone time with her, and although it is terrible that she is ill, her little warm self snuggled up to me as she falls asleep is such a rewarding feeling as a Mommy!
Rafael slept on the living room floor with her on Saturday night. Then Sunday morning she woke up at 4am feeling ill. Rafael slept with her in the living room again!! He is such an amazing Daddy!!! I am so blessed to have a husband that I share these experiences with. He is such a wonderful Daddy!!! He has really taken the reigns on this ordeal. My girls are so lucky to have a Daddy like him!
She showed a little improvement today! I made her favorite rice and she has ate a few bites of that today and kept it down. I am praying that tomorrow she is better!!
Here she is today. The sunniest day of the year in Washington so far! We went out back to get some fresh air. I want her to be happy so bad, it breaks my heart!!!