Today we braved the snowy conditions and made the trek to my Mom's house for Christmas eve. We were worried about the snow, but I couldn't stand the thought of not seeing my family on Christmas eve. The drive to Redmond wasn't too bad. We picked up both of my brother's on the way. Once we got close to my mom's house, the streets were so slick and it was snowing so hard! When we made the final turn, our jeep spun out and we were sliding sideways down the hill. Rafael was driving and he was like "I can't stop, I CAN'T STOP!" Finally the jeep came to a halt and we straightened out. We were ready to turn around and head home. Shortly after we got to my Mom's it stopped snowing and we were able to relax a little bit. Mom made such a good dinner!!! She stuffed game hens and they were SO yummy! I love my family so much, and it was fun to be with them. My sister and her family didn't make it because they live close to the pass and had way too much snow to get out. I really missed seeing them!!
Mom told a really nice Christmas story about how Mary and Joseph traveled 100 miles to
Bethlehem when Mary was in her last trimester. It really touched me because I just went through pregnancy, and I could not even imagine doing that right around the time my baby was due. Not just that, but Joseph facing the stress of finding a place for his wife to give birth to Christ, and then
settling for a dirty stable because no one would take them in. It really got me in to the Christmas spirit to hear the story again. It is so easy to put the true meaning of Christmas in the back of your head when you're trying to get everyone the things they want, and cook, and everything else that goes along with the tradition of Christmas.
When we got home we let Ava open one present. It is a little chew toy that vibrates. She
looooved it and wouldn't let go of it for a long time! We put out cookies and milk for
Santa, and now she is sound asleep awaiting tomorrow morning!! :)