Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 10, 2010

Sick!

Ava has been sick with a cold since last Saturday!! We took her to the doctor on Tues. Everything looked ok and the doc said it was probably something viral and should go away over the next day or two. Well, today is Friday and she is worse. She fell asleep on me on the couch this morning. She could hardly breathe! Sometimes she would breathe in a little and just stop. I kept having to shake her to get her to keep breathing. I'm sure she would wake herself up, but it was so scary!!

We took her to the doc again today. He said nothing had changed and he thinks she may have Mono! He suggested we wait out the weekend and if she doesn't improve by Monday, we have an appointment for a blood test. I feel so bad for her. She is so uncomfortable. Sometimes she will be fine, and then just start crying. It is breaking my heart! Despite it all though, she still manages to find time to laugh and dance!

She has been waking up between 4:30 and 5:30 am every morning, and not napping well. That has been hard for me, since I am extra sleepy pregnant. We will get through it though! I just wish there was more I could do to help her.

Here is a picture of my sick angel asleep on the couch.