The rest of that day didn't turn out so well. On the way home I got a speeding ticket!
Ava had a full cup of apple juice at the restaurant we went to. She doesn't usually drink apple juice when I offer it to her. When I got home I put Ava down fro a nap. When she woke up she had taken her pants off and there was poop all over her bedding! I learned a lesson about apple juice! My sister suggested watering it down next time. I remember back when Ava was having her constipation problems the doc suggested apple juice as a laxative. I guess I wont do that again!!
Among these things, I couldn't find my cell phone! Rafael called and found it in the parking lot at work smashed in 100 pieces! I guess I must have set it down outside on the car and then drove away. Ugh!
What a bad day! When Raf got home from work I cried. The good thing that came from it all was that I realized that I haven't had a bad day for a really long time! It just all got saved up for one day!
I love my husband! He didn't, even for one second, get frustrated with me. All of the things that happened that day were preventable and completely within my control. I just had a delirious day! He was very supportive and just tried to make me feel better about it all. He is such a wonderful person. I am so lucky to have him.
Other than that day, things are great! Saturday Ava and I went to my Mom's house for breakfast! My Mom put together a combined little party from my brother and I's birthdays! It was so fun! My brother brought his girlfriend. She has a 2 1/2 year old daughter. Her and Ava had so much fun playing together! They were so cute! My Mom wanted some updated photos of my brother's. I was so excited to do a little photo shoot of them! My brother's are such handsome guys! I am still working on those photo's, so I will get them up on the blog in a few days.
Here are some of Ava and her cute little friend Aya.
These next two crack me up! Ava has never been a thumb sucker. She was really watching Aya suck her thumb and trying to figure out what she was doing. Then she decided to give it a try.
On Sunday night Raf and I were in the kitchen getting dinner together. I heard a loud thud come from Ava's direction. I was waiting for a cry, but it didn't come. Then I heard the thud again, followed by Ava laughing. I went over to see what she was up to. She got up on the couch, stood up and walked to the edge.... then she jumped off and hit the floor!!! She laughed again!! This kept going on and I was worried Ava was going to hurt herself. I laid out some blankets on the floor to cushion her fall. She kept on going.... she probably did this 50 times! It was so funny! She would get a huge smile on her face right before she took the fateful step off.
Ava talks like crazy!! She was in a grumpy mood the other day and I took her in her room to change her diaper. She was whining. When I laid her down to change her diaper she spouted this off... "Oh no, what happened, are you ok"? I don't know if she was asking herself that question or me.... hehe. She is getting really good with her sentences.
We have noticed the last few weeks that her patience has gotten much shorter. She will usually give something one chance before she gets frustrated and wants help. We have really been working on the no whining, just ask please thing. It seems to be working a little bit. My favorite word of the moment is flowers (Fudders). Ava has taken a real interest in them lately! If she sees a flower or plant she MUST smell it! After she smells is she will either say "Nummy" or "Pretty". She is so fun! :)
Uncle Cade gave us some flower's for my birthday! We planted those today! It was a beautiful day out! Ava and I spent most of the day in the backyard. Ava had so much fun smelling them! She got really muddy too. She saw Mommy digging in the dirt and she wanted to do it too!


