We have been doing great. We are SO excited for Christmas! I haven't been this excited since I was a kid! I really want to take Ava to a live nativity before Christmas. Hopefully we can find one. I think they help so much to get you in to the Christmas spirit!
I took Ava to my Mom's to go swimming a few weeks back. My brother's came to watch. Ava loves the swimming pool! I wanted to find her some flaoties to wear, but it seems no one carries them during the winter.
We put up our Christmas decorations. We were thinking about skipping the tree this year because we were worried Ava would pull it over on herself. Well, we decided to get one. We bought a cheap fake one and she has barely touched it! I think it is prickly like the grass, so that is why she is not interested.
Our neighbors had a Christmas party last weekend. It was a lot of fun! My neighbor has a friend that has a little boy named Logan that is a few weeks older than Ava. He is a little petite kid like Ava, and they were so cute playing together! They were standing by the front door and we asked them to give each other a kiss, and they did!! It was SO funny!! I grabbed my camera, and every time we would tell them to kiss, they did... (or tried). Sometimes they missed and Ava got some nose and eye kisses. It's was hilarious though. Ava makes this "Muuuuah" sound when she gives kisses. I don't think Daddy was very happy with it! Logan was drinking out of a little cup with a straw. Ava kept trying to grab it, so we went to the store the next day and got her some. She is a pro! She learned really quick and can use the straw no problem now! Sometimes she still tips the cup up like a sippy cup. Luckily, they have lids.
Ava has been saying more words too! She can say Santa... she says "Danta". She knows what just about everything is. When you ask her to go find things, she will go get them.... like her milk,water,,juice,kitty,ball,bike, etc. She also has a new thing.... when she poops, she runs over to the gate and says poopoo. She waits for you to come open the gate so she can run to her room for a diaper change. I am really excited, because I think that is one step closer to getting her potty trained! We are probably going to get her a little potty next month. :)
She has become quite the climber too! Anything that she can climb up on, she does. She even pushed her little trike over to the counter top the other day and stood on the seat. I looked over and saw her peeking over the counter! Now she has been pushing it to the window and standing on it. I think she can see out a little better standing on it.
We went to the park a few days ago. It has been so cold, that we have stayed holed up inside for awhile. A lady walked by with some little yappy dogs. Ava LOVES doggies. They were barking at her like crazy and Ava walked right up to them and started barking back! Haha!! She says "Ar ar ar"!
When she see's a duck (or any bird for that matter) she quacks.
So Ava has lots of new tricks!!
We also went to our work Christmas party last weekend! It was so much fun! Grandma came and played with Ava so we could go. We dont get out much without Ava, so it was a lot of fun to be together just the two of us! We spent most of the evening just talking to eachother which was SO nice! I miss my hubby!
First Kiss!
Kissing Santa
Standing on her trike trying to see what Mommy is doing in the kitchen!
Ava trying to find out what is in the bottom of the toy box


